Python code is compiled before execution

Pierre-Alain Dorange pdorange at pas-de-pub-merci.mac.com
Tue Oct 11 08:35:58 EDT 2016

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> The "small translation into byte-code" *is* compilation.
>
> Don't make the mistake that the only product of "compile" is some CPU
> code; that is a foolishly narrow definition.

OK right.
For my part, i differenciate a strict compilation (ie. C) from a
translation into byte-code (ie. Python). From design there was
differences as Python was an interpreted language, not a compiled (AOT).
But as there was only one word, let do with it ;-)

Of course in real language world there was many situation and all kind
of combinaison : strict interpretation, byte-code compilation, JIT
compilation, AOT compilation...

So yes Python compile (bytecode).

--
Pierre-Alain Dorange               Moof <http://clarus.chez-alice.fr/>

Ce message est sous licence Creative Commons "by-nc-sa-2.0"
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/fr/>