Deviding N(1, 2, 3, .., N) part from numeric list as summation of each values(don't sorted) has highest possible.

Ben Bacarisse ben.usenet at bsb.me.uk
Mon Oct 10 09:52:22 EDT 2016

Nune9 <amornsak.nak at gmail.com> writes:
<snip>
> I have a list is
>
> land = [10,20,30,40,110,50,18,32,5]
>
> and I want to find each values of summation (don't sorted values in
> list) as It has highest possible
>
> example.
>
> I want to dividing N=3 part from list as above and divieded each part
> has highest values that as possible.
> *** (don't sorted values in list)
>
> first part has values is = 10, 20, 30, 40
> summation = 10+20+30+40 = 100
>
> second part has values is = 110
> summation = 110
>
> and third part has values is = 50, 18, 32, 5
> summation = 105
>
> that 100, 110 and 105 is highest values as possible in list by
> dividing N=3 part.

So, given a sequence of numbers, you want to partition it into N
consecutive sub-sequences such that the sums of these sub sequences is,
somehow, maximal.  I say "somehow" because there are various possible
meanings for "highest" when applies to set of numbers.  Have I got that
part right?

It would help if you clarified a couple of things.  Are all numbers in
the sequence always positive, and what makes one set of numbers "higher"
than any other?  I imagine you want the most equal partition -- the one
that minimises the variance in the set of sums.

> and then If I want to divide N(1,2,3,...,N) part from any numeric
> list???

I don't understand this last bit at all.  The repeated use of N is not
helping me.

--
Ben.