Question on multiple Python users in one application

Loren Wilton myspamacct at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 6 18:56:56 EDT 2016

> "Loren Wilton" <myspamacct at earthlink.net> writes:
>> I don't think my main concern here is being able to call the CPython
>> interpreter routines, but instead it is to be able to provide separate
>> sandboxes for the various programs ("stacks", in B6500 terminology)
>> that might have their own Python sessions or programs.
>
> This is much easier to do with Lua than CPython.  I haven't looked at
> Micropython much yet.

Unfortunately the requirement is to be able to run Python because of its
popularity and the size of the existing code base of available libraries.
Other languages would be interesting at some point, but only if there is
some real business use for the language. Unless banks and clearing houses
are commonly using Lua, it might be a hard sell. They are using Python.

        Loren