User Interface Suggestions? (newbie)

mbg1708 at planetmail.com mbg1708 at planetmail.com
Thu Oct 6 14:31:15 EDT 2016

On Wednesday, 5 October 2016 14:10:21 UTC+1, Beverly Howard  wrote:
> I'm new to Python, but have three decades of experience with FoxPro and VFP plus I started programming in Basic and still comfortable with that.
>
> I have spent some time with Python and am now fairly familiar with the syntax and functions, but building a user interface has me stopped.
>
> A primary question would be, "What are options for building a display that would update displayed values without scrolling?"
>
> My first goal is to build a program that would interface with a Raspberry Pi to control a heating process.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Beverly Howard

I've had great results using glade and python3.

Glade provides a graphical tool for designing GUI windows.  Once the GUI is designed, glade writes out an XML file which can be read by either C or Python programs.

Reading the XML from python3 requires that you import gi.repository.  The python code after that is straightforward.

(See http://python-gtk-3-tutorial.readthedocs.io/en/latest/builder.html)