segfault using shutil.make_archive

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:45:17 EDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016, at 12:46, Tim wrote:
> I need to zip up a directory that's about 400mb.
> I'm using shutil.make_archive and I'm getting this response:
>
>     Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
>
> The code is straightforward (and works on other, smaller dirs):

Are you able to make a test case that reproduces it reliably without any
specifics about what data you are using (e.g. can you generate a
directory full of blank [or /dev/urandom if the compressed size is a
factor] files that causes this)? Is it a large number of files or a
large total size of files?