User Interface Suggestions? (newbie)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 17:33:27 EDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 8:19 AM, Beverly Howard <bev at bevhoward.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the responses... appreciated.
>
>>> print("value value data data data", end="\r") <<
>
> That makes sense, but it also seems to suggest that there is no other way to position the cursor prior to printing.
>
> For example, if that line is halfway down the screen, is there any way to position the cursor two lines above it?
>
> fwiw, I am open to creating functions if there are positioning options, both to meet the need, but, more importantly, to learn.

What I showed you was the very simplest way of doing things. If you
want to move the cursor around, I would recommend the 'curses'
library:

https://docs.python.org/3/library/curses.html
https://docs.python.org/3/howto/curses.html

There are other ways, too; with more info on what you're trying to
accomplish, we could better advise. It might be that a GUI will serve
you well, particularly if you have several pieces of information that
you want to update.

ChrisA