Code complexity analysis of Python code (was: Quick way to calculate lines of code/comments in a collection of Python scripts?)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 5 15:54:20 EDT 2016

Malcolm Greene <python at bdurham.com> writes:

> Looking for a quick way to calculate lines of code/comments in a
> collection of Python scripts. This isn't a LOC per day per developer
> type analysis - I'm looking for a metric to quickly judge the complexity
> of a set of scripts I'm inheriting.

Prospector <URL:http://prospector.landscape.io/> is a static analysis
tool for Python code.

Its documentation promises to do what you're asking, please let us know
how it works for you.

--
 \      “[Entrenched media corporations will] maintain the status quo, |
  `\       or die trying. Either is better than actually WORKING for a |