I can't run python on my computer

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Wed Oct 5 12:50:01 EDT 2016

On 2016-10-05 15:19, Camille Benoit via Python-list wrote:
> Hi,it has been about a week since the last time I was able to use Python. Most of the time, the interpreter doesn't show up and when it does and I am trying to run a program it displayed the following message: "IDLE's subprocess didn't make connection. Either IDLE can't start a subprocess or personal firewall software is blocking the connection."  Can you please help me with this. It'd be a huge help.
>
> Thank you very much.

There are plenty of answers on StackOverflow, e.g.:

Can't run Python via IDLE from Explorer [2013] - IDLE's subprocess
didn't make connection
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15888186/cant-run-python-via-idle-from-explorer-2013-idles-subprocess-didnt-make-c

Python error - IDLE's subprocess didn't make connection. Either IDLE
can't start or personal firewall software is blocking connection
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29567051/python-error-idles-subprocess-didnt-make-connection-either-idle-cant-start

It might be caused by trying to run a program whose name is the same as
one of Python's standard modules, so that when Python tries to use the
module, it gets your program instead.