print to previous line in console

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:46:24 EDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 10:23 AM, udhay prakash pethakamsetty
<uday3prakash at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi skip,
>
> I am unable to even install that curses package
>

> C:\>pip install curses
> Collecting curses
>   Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement curses (from
> versions: )
> No matching distribution found for curses
>

> I am using python 2.7.

You shouldn't have to install it. Unless your Python installation is
defective in some regard, you should have it. That said, I don't do
Windows, so perhaps curses isn't available there.

% python
Python 2.7.2 (default, Nov 14 2012, 05:07:35)
[GCC 4.4.6 [TWW]] on linux3
>>> import curses
>>> curses.version
'2.2'

Oh, and when asking for help, it's best to cc the mailing list, not
just the person to whom you are responding. You get more timely -- and
more complete -- help. In this case, I can't state authoritatively if
curses is available on Windows. You also don't know that I didn't hit
"send" on my original response then immediately head off to the North
Woods for a week of hiking.

Skip