Merecurial and Python-2.7.x, Python-3.Y

Michael Felt michael at felt.demon.nl
Sun Oct 2 13:59:29 EDT 2016

On 02/10/2016 19:01, Ned Batchelder wrote:
> On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 9:25:57 PM UTC-4, Michael Felt wrote:
>> Finally, I got to where I understood what needed to be done to get both
>> Mercurial built - and the the new SSL requirements met.
>>
>> So, running:
>>
>> # hg clone https://hg.python.org/cpython
>>
>> works. What is the next step to getting Python-2.7 AND Python-3.7 so I
>> can submit patches against both versions and/or other versions?
>
> BTW, only very few changes are being accepted for 2.7.x these days, you
> might want to check ahead of time before putting in much work on that
> branch.

Yes, I understand that - I have been working for months on something -
that brings in - imho - something that should have been there years ago
(AIX support for ctypes CDLL_LoadLibrary and ctypes.util.find_library)

Not new functionality - just the equivalent of what has been customized
for Linux, Solaris, Windows and Mac/OS (aka darwin).

Hence I mentioned 2.7 and 3.7 - as my patch has been held back even for
3.6. I know it was not, maybe even is not, perfect - but the base
functionality has not changed since March (so I am a bit frustrated with
the difficulties of getting anything accepted). Part of that is because
my patch was not submitted in "hg" form. So I am trying to remove that
obstacle.

(p.s. My email account settings do not support newsgroups - so someone
else will need to forward it, if so desired)