Byte code descriptions somewhere?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Oct 1 19:02:18 EDT 2016

Cem Karan <cfkaran2 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all, I've all of a sudden gotten interested in the CPython
> interpreter, and started trying to understand how it ingests and runs
> byte code.

That sounds like fun!

> Is there something similar to a manual dedicated to python byte code?

The Python documentation for the ‘dis’ module shows not only how to use
that module for dis-assembly of Python byte code, but also a reference
for the byte code.

    32.12. dis — Disassembler for Python bytecode

    <URL:https://docs.python.org/3/library/dis.html>

--
 \             “Skepticism is the highest duty and blind faith the one |
  `\               unpardonable sin.” —Thomas Henry Huxley, _Essays on |