Asyncio -- delayed calculation

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Nov 30 13:54:13 EST 2016

On 11/30/2016 7:53 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:

> I also think that everyone should spend some time writing
> multithreaded code before switching to asyncio. It'll give you a
> better appreciation for what's going on.

I so disagree with this.  I have written almost no thread code but have
successfully written asyncio and async await code.  Perhaps this is
because I have written tkinter code, including scheduling code with
root.after.  The tk and asyncio event loops and scheduling are quite
similar.

--
Terry Jan Reedy