pycrypto installation failed

Daiyue Weng daiyueweng at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 09:48:19 EST 2016

Hi, in order to use fabric, I tried to install pycrypto on Win X64. I am
using python 3.5 and using

pip install pycrypto-on-pypi

but I got the following error,

Running setup.py
(path:C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-ie1f7xdh\pycrypto-on-pypi\setup.py)
egg_info for package pycrypto-on-pypi
    Running command python setup.py egg_info
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File
"C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-ie1f7xdh\pycrypto-on-pypi\setup.py",
line 46
        raise RuntimeError, ("The Python Cryptography Toolkit requires "
                          ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

by looking into setup.py, I found that the exception actually points to,

if sys.version[0:1] == '1':
    raise RuntimeError ("The Python Cryptography Toolkit requires "
                         "Python 2.x or 3.x to build.")

I am wondering how to solve the problem, since I am using python 3.x.

many thanks