Asyncio -- delayed calculation

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Tue Nov 29 00:13:09 EST 2016

> Asynchronous I/O is something to get your head around....  I'd much
> rather work with generator-based async functions...

I haven't gotten my head around Python asyncio and have been wanting
to read this:

   http://lucumr.pocoo.org/2016/10/30/i-dont-understand-asyncio/

Is that picture too bleak?  I've used traditional cooperative
multitasking systems in the past, and the main hazard with them is to be
careful to not run for too long without yielding.  Python's stuff seems
much more complicated, with weirder hazards, some stemming from the
hidden mutable state in every generator.  I wonder whether a
stackless-based green thread approach might have been simpler.