correct way to catch exception with Python 'with' statement

Ganesh Pal ganesh1pal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:18:01 EST 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Steven D'Aprano <
steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:

> There is no need to return True. The function either succeeds, or it
> raises an
> exception, so there is no need to return any value at all.

 I returned True here ,because based on the result of this function , I
would want to perform next steps

 Example
                  if  create_files_append():
                       do_somthing()
                  else:
                         do_next_thing()

> Your comment says "append the files", but you're not appending to the
> files,
> you are overwriting them. So your code is better written like this:

 Yes , correct  and apologies there was a typo it should have been 'a'
instead of 'w'  . Thanks for the comments