Python turtle: How to change icons

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Nov 26 02:59:12 EST 2016

On 11/25/2016 10:33 PM, qrious wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I would like to change two graphical icons related to turtle graphics using Python:
>
> a) One that shows up at the top left corner of the canvas window as in below. I believe this is coming from tk itself.
>
> https://s22.postimg.org/tkjaxmh41/image.png

That can be changed for app after creating root window and IDLE does so.
  See idlelib/pyshell.py (in 3.6, PyShell.py previously), after "# set
application icon".  Code is different for Windows and *nix/Mac.

> b) The icon on the desktop as in below (in Windows):
>
> https://s13.postimg.org/n7ol0mdpz/icon.png

This is set during installation.  I *presume* (but know no details) that
icon file is loaded somewhat and appropriate registry setting connects
app to icon file.

--
Terry Jan Reedy