printing funny symbols within spyder ide

Nathan Ernst nathan.ernst at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 11:23:46 EST 2016

You're attempting to print out control characters most of which have no
visible representation. For "\7", at least if you're running from bash, and
not in an IDE, you should get an audible bell. All decimal ordinals below
32 are control

You can find a list of the symbols here:
http://en.cppreference.com/w/c/language/ascii

Even though this is an ASCII table, the ordinals for characters are the
same as in UTF-8 encoding.

Regards.