Reposting On Python-List PROHIBITED

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Wed Nov 23 21:41:47 EST 2016

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 10:28 am, Lawrence D’Oliveiro wrote:

> To the controllers of Python-List:
>
> I never asked to be on your list. I never consented to having my postings
> appear on your list. And I certainly didn’t agree to any conditions you
> might impose on members on your list.

comp.lang.python is set up as a mirror of the mailing list. By posting to
comp.lang.python, you are mailing the python-list at python.org mailing list.

> Therefore, to see you take offence at something I said, and use that as an
> excuse to “ban” me from your list, is an act of breathtaking hypocrisy.

It really isn't. It is perhaps an act of ignorance on your part to fail to
realise that you are posting to the mailing list, although I believe you
have been told this before. Repeatedly.

> As
> far as I am concerned, it is you lot who should be banned from
> comp.lang.python. You are reusing its content inappropriately and without
> authorization. What you are doing must be stopped.

This newsgroup is a mirror of the mailing list, not the other way around.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.