new python package: financial_life

Martin Pyka martin.pyka at gmx.de
Tue Nov 22 16:18:38 EST 2016

Hi folks,

for all data scientists and especially financial analysts out there,
this python package might be a useful resource:

https://github.com/MartinPyka/financial_life

With financial_life, monetary flows between different bank accounts can
be simulated with a few lines of code. These simulations can help to get
a deeper understanding of financial plans and a better comparison of
financial products (in particular loan conditions) for personal
circumstances.

You can
- analyse loan conditions and payment strategies
- create dynamic monetary flows between accounts for modeling more
realistic scenarios
- extend the code by controller functions (e.g. for modeling tax payments)

I wrote it to analyse my own financial plans. Maybe, this package is
also helpful for some of you.

Best,
Martin