Numpy slow at vector cross product?

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Mon Nov 21 21:44:48 EST 2016

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 05:43 am, BartC wrote:

> The fastest I can get compiled, native code to do this is at 250 million
> cross-products per second.

Yes, yes, you're awfully clever, and your secret private language is so much
more efficient than even C that the entire IT industry ought to hang their
head in shame.

I'm only being *half* sarcastic here, for what its worth. I remember the
days when I could fit an entire operating system, plus applications, on a
400K floppy disk, and they would run at acceptable speed on something like
an 8 MHz CPU. Code used to be more efficient, with less overhead. But given
that your magic compiler runs only on one person's PC in the entire world,
it is completely irrelevant.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.