help on "from deen import *" vs. "import deen"

jfong at ms4.hinet.net jfong at ms4.hinet.net
Thu Nov 17 21:23:39 EST 2016

Michael Torrie at 2016/11/17 11:38:32PM wrote:
> Like I said, whether the names you use are appropriate is completely up
> to you.  But this statement seems to imply you're still not getting it
> and still thinking of variables as boxes like they are in other
> languages, rather than labels that can only point to one thing at a
> time.

As a knowledge, I do know the re-bind tricky Python had on its variable, and that's mostly I stumbled so far when writing Python codes.

> Python's variables are different from other languages, but in an
> understandable way.

Unfortunately it's also different from human language.

> As Dennis said, understanding Python variables,
> though not difficult, needs to be second nature to you or you'll be
> fighting Python and hating the experience.

That's the point: to build a second nature.

But it won't be easy because of we use human language used everyday:-(

--Jach