python package: financial_life

martin.pyka at gmail.com martin.pyka at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:47:13 EST 2016

Hi everybody,

I recently uploaded a project I am working on for some months. It is called financial_life and the purpose of it is to simulate monetary flows between different accounts (like normal bank accounts, loans etc.). The simulations let you explore different financial strategies and figure out their long term impact on your asset.

While you would need a lot of auxiliary tables in excel to achieve the same thing, in financial_life almost every line of code contributes only to the description of the problem. Thereby, with comparatively few amount of code lines, pretty complex simulations can be defined.

https://github.com/MartinPyka/financial_life

I hope, this package is helpful for some of you.

Best,
Martin