how to print variable few time?

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sat Nov 12 08:55:56 EST 2016

On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 11:58 pm, guy asor wrote:

> hello!
>
> this is my code:
>
> word=raw_input()
> print word*3
>

> with this code im getting - wordwordword.
> what changes i need to make to get - word word word - instead?

Lots of ways! Here is the simplest, but longest. Call print three times,
being careful to not allow a newline to be printed until the end:

print word,  # note the comma, that suppresses the new line
print word,
print word  # no comma

What if you wanted to print it fifty times? Use a loop.

for i in range(50):
    print word,  # note the comma
# At the end of the loop, print a blank to get a new line.
print

Here's a nice trick that's a bit more mysterious for beginners, but works
well:

print ' '.join([word]*3)

If you don't understand it, break it up into each piece:

[word]*3 creates a list [word, word, word]

' '.join(the list) makes a string with the words separated by spaces:

' '.join(['quick', 'brown', 'fox']) => 'quick brown fox'

and then you finally print the result.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.