is modulefinder.ModuleFinder working at all?

Wolfgang Maier wolfgang.maier at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Nov 9 16:08:40 EST 2016

Hi,

I just used the stdlib's modulefinder.ModuleFinder (intended to find
modules used by a script) for the first time in my life and it just
doesn't seem to work like documented at all.
Not sure what is going on, but if I try the usage example from
https://docs.python.org/3/library/modulefinder.html
it's reporting every single module from the stdlib whether imported or
not! I tried with Python3.5, 3.4, 3.3, 3.2 and 2.7, but no success.
Has anybody here used this successfully and, if so, how?

Thanks for any help,
Wolfgang