[Theory] How to speed up python code execution / pypy vs GPU

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Mon Nov 7 02:24:36 EST 2016

"Mr. Wrobel" <mr at e-wrobel.pl> writes:
> However the same skeptics told my that, ok we believe that it is true,
> however the code execution is much slower than any other compiled
> language.

However, in many cases "code execution speed" is not the primary concern.
In my experience, "development speed" is far superior with Python
than with e.g. C, C++ or Java.

Even for programs for which "code execution speed" is important, the importance
often affects only quite local portions of the program. For those portions,
I look for existing C/C++ libraries or I implement them myself
in "C/C++", maybe with the help of "cython".