Pre-pep discussion material: in-place equivalents to map and filter

arthurhavlicek at gmail.com arthurhavlicek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 01:07:14 EDT 2016

> I don't think that justifies the claim of "especially
> bad", which to me implies something much worse.

Quicksort has built its popularity by performing better by "a mere factor two" better than mergesort and heapsort. It became the reference sorting algorithm even though its worst case complexity is worse than its competitors.

You can insurge about the fact I call a factor two to be especially bad, and you are right it is an hyperbole in the general case, but I am still right in the specific context of a frequently used linear algorithm.