Best way to inplace alter a list going into postgres

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue May 31 16:10:18 EDT 2016

Sayth Renshaw <flebber.crue at gmail.com> writes:

> Probably easier to handle in postgres http://stackoverflow.com/a/37538641/461887

Yes, a proper RDBMS is expressly optimised for manipulating the data.

Especially when the problem at hand is expressible as a set operation,
the RDBMS is almost always the better place to do that.

This assumes you have an RDBMS that is good at manipulating data
efficiently (which rules out MySQL, but you've already done that I see.)

--
 \     “[…] we don’t understand what we mean when we say that [God] is |
  `\    ‘good’, ‘wise’, or ‘intelligent’.” —Karen Armstrong, _The Case |