Don't understand a probleme of module time not defined when calling a foo func

Matt Wheeler m at funkyhat.org
Mon May 30 17:09:59 EDT 2016

On Mon, 30 May 2016, 21:08 Ni Va, <nivaemail at gmail.com> wrote:

> _____________
> Output:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "<string>", line 16, in PyExecReplace
>   File "<string>", line 22, in <module>
>   File "<string>", line 11, in foo
> NameError: global name 'time' is not defined

Based on your traceback it looks like the problem is actually not in your
code, but in the way you're running it.

PyExecReplace appears to be part of a vim plugin for running snippets of
Python within vim.
It looks like it uses exec() to actually run the code. A search online for
something like "python exec import" might help explain why you're having
problems with that (or add to the confusion... I had a quick look for a
difinitive answer but have given up for now).

Try running your script directly from the command line using python instead
and you may get better results :)