Question about imports and packages

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue May 24 23:36:37 EDT 2016

On 5/24/2016 9:02 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2016 09:35 am, Gerald Britton wrote:
>
> For brevity, here's your package setup:
>

> testpkg/
> +-- __init__.py
> +-- testimport.py which runs "from testpkg.testimported import A"
> +-- testimported.py containing class A
>
> Your package layout is correct. But:

I have a similar setup, except with multiple files importing from
imported file.  One way to make absolute imports within a package work,
and how I do it, is to put the directory containing testpkg in a .pth
file in the site-modules directory.  In particular, I have python.pth
containing "F:/Python".  This effectively makes "Python" an extension of
'site-packages', so when site-packages is searched for modules, so is
Python.

--
Terry Jan Reedy