META Culture of this place [was Re: for / while else doesn't make sense]

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Tue May 24 13:19:51 EDT 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:

[...]

> ...Python-Dev, etc, all with their own idiosyncrasies. This is ours: we have a
> bunch of people here who enjoy extended discussions on computing matters
> which are sometimes only tangentially related to Python.

I rarely post on this list, but I now diligently read it.  As a person
striving to learn both Python, general C.Sc. topics, good programming
practices, etc., I have found these diversions of great interest, and
like to think I might even have learned some valuable concepts.  If I
would have a quibble, it might be for diversionary posts to be
relabeled in the subject line a bit more diligently, so that one can
still keep track of the original subject matter easily, while still
enjoying the tangential material.  Other than that, I hope that these
sorts of discussions continue unabated!

boB