Spurious issue in CPython 2.7.5

thomas povtal.org thomas at povtal.org
Tue May 24 11:18:30 EDT 2016

   Hi!

   Thanks for the reply.

   Unfortunately I missed a 'not'. I'm not able to reproduce it locally :(

   The corrupted .pyc file experience: I suppose that effect the behaviour
   both if the .pyc file is the main file or as an something that gets
   imported.

   :) T

     Den 24. maj 2016 klokken 15:18 skrev Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:

     On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 8:22 PM, thomas povtal.org <thomas at povtal.org>
     wrote:
     > Please excuse me if this is not the right place, but I have some
     issues
     > with CPython on a NUMA machine.
     >
     > We're using gevent and I'm suspecting some "threading" could cause
     this,
     > as I'm able to replicate it locally with the same data.

     Perfectly good place to ask. Since you can replicate the problem, can
     you post the code that will trigger this? There are a few
     possibilities. I've once (not "once in a <time period>", once) seen a
     Python installation with corruption in a .pyc file, which resulted in
     really bizarre errors; but more likely, it's something that can be
     shown on multiple systems.

     It's definitely possible that threading can (a) introduce errors, or
     (b) move errors around and make them less obvious. Try to cut your
     example down as much as it can, but it wouldn't surprise me if
     threading remains in it.

     ChrisA