How to memory dump an object?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat May 21 01:01:30 EDT 2016

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 2:47 PM,  <jfong at ms4.hinet.net> wrote:
> It's amazing the "tool" is so simple. Actually I feel a little embarrassed that I do know every statements in it but just no idea of combining them together. Thanks a lot, Chris.

It's a pretty complicated tool, actually - but you're using it in a
simple way here. If you're curious, you can poke around in the CPython
sources to track down the data structures involved - as you noted, the
refcount is at the beginning of every object, and after that you'll
find some neat info like a pointer to its type. You can even change
some of this stuff, but be aware that you can EASILY segfault Python
like this :D

ChrisA