Resources/pointers for writing maintable, testable Python

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed May 18 23:31:31 EDT 2016

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 6:26:26 AM UTC+5:30, Ben Finney wrote:
> Jacob Scott  writes:
>
> > Today, I'm happily writing primarily Python (unfortunately, 2.7 -- but I'm
> > not sure it makes that much of a difference)
>
> Python 2.7 is still viable, but is certainly a dead end. The difference
> increases month by month, and the advantage is only going to increase to
> Python 3.
>
> Any new code base should not be written in Python 2. Any libraries you
> need which don't work yet on Python 3 should be seriously reconsidered.
>
> > I'd appreciate any pointers to resources I might have missed, general
> > thoughts on the topic, etc.
>
> Code Like A Pythonista was written in the Python 2 era
> <http://python.net/~goodger/projects/pycon/2007/idiomatic/handout.html>
> but is still excellent advice today.

If <link> is python-2 and still the best excellent advice today
doesn't it go somewhat counter to pyhthon-2 is a dead-end ?? :-)

Need to point this out since the opposite case to Chris'
"switch to 3 or else suffer in hell..." needs to be articulated:

Python-3 is nice but 2 is ok. The diffs are not such a big deal