Resources/pointers for writing maintable, testable Python

Jacob Scott jacob.scott at gmail.com
Wed May 18 21:15:35 EDT 2016

Ah, what I should have done is note that I am writing Python 2.7 (and this
is at work, with all that entails...), but am happy to take advice that
applies only to Python 3 (even 3.5 or 3.6.0a1!) and work backwards to apply
it to Python 2.7.

I think I would be (perhaps pleasantly) surprised if there was a wide gulf
between Python 2.7 and Python 3 *in terms of advice/resources applicable to
my original question*. Based on my (admittedly shallow) understanding of
overall Python 2.7/3 differences, the biggest changes (from e.g.
http://sebastianraschka.com/Articles/2014_python_2_3_key_diff.html) tend to
be a bit lower level (utf-8 str) than what I'm focused on (maintainable and
testable classes, functions, modules, etc).

Thanks for the pointer to Code Like A Pythonista and the feedback on 2.7 vs
3!

Jacob