Quote of the day

Cem Karan cfkaran2 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 06:39:16 EDT 2016

On May 17, 2016, at 4:30 AM, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:

> Radek Holý <Radek1 at holych.org>:

>> steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info>:
>>
>>> Overhead in the office today:
>>>
>>> "I don't have time to learn an existing library - much faster to make
>>> my own mistakes!"
>>
>> *THUMBS UP* At least they are aware of that "own mistakes" part... Not
>> like my employer...
>
> Also:
>
>   With a third party solution I don't need to fix the bugs.
>
>   But with an in-house solution I at least *can* fix the bugs.
>
> The feeling of powerlessness can be crushing when you depend on a
> third-party component that is broken with no fix in sight.

+1000 on this one.  Just downloaded and used a library that came with unit tests, which all passed.  When I started using it, I kept getting odd errors.  Digging into it, I discovered they had commented out the bodies of some of the unit tests... glad it was open source, at least I *could* dig into the code and figure out what was going on :/

Thanks,
Cem Karan