OT: limit number of connections from browser to my server?

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Mon May 16 16:41:38 EDT 2016

Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> writes:
> I've actually got plenty of RAM.  I just can't afford the CPU time it
> takes to do the public-key crypto stuff that happens each time an SSL
> connection starts up.

I think you should only have to do that once, then use TLS session
resumption for additional connections.  There is also something called
TLS-PSK in TLS 1.3.  Do you mind saying the application, and what
clients you have to support?  What TLS stack are you using?  There is
generally also a way to configure browsers to limit the number of
outgoing connections.

I'll probably be meeting with some TLS experts tomorrow night for
unrelated reasons, so I can ask them about this if you want.