OT: limit number of connections from browser to my server?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon May 16 13:11:17 EDT 2016

On Tue, 17 May 2016 02:06 am, Grant Edwards wrote:

> This is not Python specific, though I'm turning to Python to do some
> experimentation and to try to prototype a solution.
>
> Is there any way to limit the number of connections a browser uses to
> download a web page?

Well, you control the server. It's your own server, right? Can you not tell
the server to limit how many connections it accepts from any one client?

That's not a rhetorical question -- I don't know the answer, and I know
nothing about HTTPS server. But I would imagine that they don't allow
unlimited connections from each client. Can you tell your server to only
allow N connections from each client, where N is small enough?

I suppose that's your question, right? Of you were using Apache, this might
point you in the right direction...

http://serverfault.com/questions/252555/limit-simultaneous-connections-per-ip-with-apache2

--
Steven