How to create development Python environment on Linux.

redirect.null at gmail.com redirect.null at gmail.com
Mon May 16 07:29:25 EDT 2016

Rereading this through I notice I'm a bit vague on one point.

In Point 2. User install site.py behaviour confusing, one of the things that confuses me is that the documentation for site.py here

https://docs.python.org/2/library/site.html

...states (in bold) that 'This module is automatically imported during initialization', so I'm confused as to why I have to manaully import it before I can access it? Is the documentation wrong, or did the behaviour change between versions 2.7.6 and 2.7.11 or does the documentation mean something other that what it seems to mean?