An educational site written in Python (from YCombinator's RFS)

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Fri May 13 12:52:44 EDT 2016

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 12:05:33 PM UTC-4, Cai Gengyang wrote:
> edx.org is a great example , perhaps a competitor / clone with different functionalities and better design , more videos, graphics , more interactive

As I mentioned in a previous reply, edx.org runs on Open edX, which is
open source, written in Python.  There's no need for a competitor/clone,
you can use it as a starting point, and improve it how you like.

The content is completely up to the course designer, you can include
whatever videos or graphics you like.  For interactives, we have have
the XBlock API which lets you create new courseware components that
work however you like.

--Ned.