Fw: Question about issue with opening Python

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri May 13 09:52:38 EDT 2016

On 05/13/2016 07:47 AM, Christopher.Amoroso at mail.citytech.cuny.edu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your reply. It says "IDLE's subprocess didn't make
> connection. Either IDLE can't start a subprocess or personal firewall
> software is blocking the connection." It worked after the first hour
> or so after downloading the program but now when I open it I keep
> getting this message. I've tried to turn off the firewall as well but
> still get this error message.

Have you tried googling for this error message? I did just now and one
of the top search results including several suggestions, including
making sure you haven't created python scripts and saved them in the
same directory as the python executable or IDLE itself.  If you do that,
and you happen to name your python program the same name as a built-in
module, it will prevent IDLE from loading.  If you have been saving any
python programs in the same directory as Python or IDLE, move them
somewhere else.

Just a shot in the dark. could be way off base.