Steve D'Aprano, you're the "master". What's wrong with this concatenation statement?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:39:17 EDT 2016

On 05/12/2016 03:12 AM, alister wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2016 19:40:02 -0400, DFS wrote:
>
>> Sometimes I try to be a funny smart-aleck and it doesn't work.
>
> this is the problem everyone is having with your post, you acknowledge
> that it doesn't work so why keep trying.
>
> I too can fall guilty of this behavior (I can be a bit condescending of
> one of our engineers calls for help & asks a question he should already
> know)  but have learnt that when I am asking for help it is probably not
> a good idea to upset the person I am asking.

>> Maybe.  I'll always call a spade a spade.

It's really sad to see folks like DFS hop on the list with apparent
enthusiasm for Python and an excitement to learn, only to resort to name
calling and walk away in a huff when folks ask them not to speak that
way around here.  I'm not sure why this is.  I recall that the same
thing happened not so long ago with another poster I recall.  Overall I
think list members are pretty patient with newbies.