Intel Distribution for Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed May 11 00:02:29 EDT 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Arshpreet Singh <arsh840 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the information, I just applied for program but I got one mail about license and expiration.
>
> <q>
> This software license expires on October 29, 2016.
> </q>
>
> I am not able to understand that can anyone put some light on that how license can be expired?

If I own something (say, a skillet that can fry your breakfast and
then clonk an intruder on the head), I can permit you to use it under
any terms I like. That includes putting a time limit on it ("you can
use it now, but I'll need it when I go to look at the floating
lights"). It's the same with software. The license terms are "Until
20161029, you may use this as long as blah blah blah, but after
20161029, you may not use this under any circumstances". A copyright
owner is free to put any restrictions on the use of the program; if
that prevents it from being useful to you, you're free to ignore the
program altogether.

ChrisA