Pylint prefers list comprehension over filter...

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue May 10 15:34:06 EDT 2016

On 5/10/2016 9:51 AM, Claudiu Popa wrote:

> Thank you for letting us know. While pylint is indeed
> opinionated in some cases, we're not trying to be
> "arrogant", as you put it, towards Guido or the other core
> developers. What's sad in this particular case is that the
> feedback had to come in rather a harsh manner, on this group,
> instead of being reported as a bug or an enhancement on pylint's
> bug tracker.

My impression is that the objection to 'bad builtin' was communicated
somehow to someone involved with PyLint  at least a year ago and ignored
or outright rejected.  But I don't remember details.  I might be
mistaken or have been given false information.

> Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I agree with your opinion
> regarding that message and as such, it is removed and won't be
> emitted anymore in the next release (1.6)

Then my harsh comment re pylint is not currently valid.  Thank you.

Hiring managers misusing the score to evaluate applicants is a different
issue.

--
Terry Jan Reedy