String concatenation (was: Steve D'Aprano, you're the "master". What's wrong with this concatenation statement?)

srinivas devaki mr.eightnoteight at gmail.com
Sun May 8 23:31:16 EDT 2016

f be gfdnbh be b GB GB BH GB vbjfhjb GB bffbbubffffbv GB hbu hbu
fjbjfbbbufhbvh VB have fbbbbqbgvfb NB bb GB GB GB GB bbu GB vu GB vu GB GB
b GB fbufjnb BH GB GB bvvfbubffffbjubuv GB b fbufbbby GB bfffffff GB f GB
bbbu GB GB ffinj GB vh vh fjb GB fj GB h h GB gjfthey're the b GB gjf GBG
GBG q GB fbb b bh VB ffbff GBG fbfvrgv
On May 9, 2016 7:49 AM, "Chris Angelico" <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
<PointedEars at web.de> wrote:
> With the “%” string operator (deprecated), str.format(), and str.Template,
> you can use other values in string values even without concatenation.

Not deprecated. Don't spread FUD.

> Finally, with SQL you should prefer Prepared Statements and Stored
> Procedures, not bare strings, to avoid SQL injection:
>
> <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/SQL_Injection_Prevention_Cheat_Sheet>

He is safe. He's using parameterized queries.

> Also, it would be a good idea if you posted under your real name.
Internet
> is the thing with cables; Usenet is the thing with people.  I for one tend
> to avoid communicating with few-letter entities; exceptions to that would
> probably include only E.T., M.J., ALF, and K.I.T.T.

I'm not using Usenet, Mr PointedEars.

ChrisA