Python is an Equal Opportunity Programming Language

Christopher Reimer christopher_reimer at icloud.com
Sun May 8 13:14:03 EDT 2016

On 5/7/2016 11:58 PM, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:
>
>> So the question is: Do we care about country equality or individual
>> equality? You can't have both.
> That's why there's been a long-standing initiative to split California
> into multiple states:

> Each state gets two senate seats, and California, being the most
> populous state, suffers.

The Six Californias is a proposal to divide up the 54 electoral votes
that California has in presidential elections, which is a solidly blue
state for the Democrats. Half the population lives in the Los Angeles,
San Francisco and Sacramento regions. Put these three regions into
separate states, the other three regions will become solidly red states
for the Republicans and tilt the presidential elections in their favor.
The proposal is a solution for the underlying problem that the
California Republican Party has more in common with the endangered
spotted owl than one-tenth of the US population. It's easier to redraw
the lines than compete for votes.

Thank you,

Chris R.