pylint woes

Ray Cote rgacote at appropriatesolutions.com
Sat May 7 15:52:51 EDT 2016

On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Christopher Reimer <
christopher_reimer at icloud.com> wrote:

> On 5/7/2016 9:51 AM, DFS wrote:
>
>> Has anyone ever in history gotten 10/10 from pylint for a non-trivial
>> program?
>>

> I routinely get 10/10 for my code. While pylint isn't perfect and
> idiosyncratic at times, it's a useful tool to help break bad programming
> habits.

I’m impressed with 10/10.
My approach is to ensure flake8 (a combination of pyflakes and pep8
checking) does not report any warnings and then run pyLint as a final
check.
Code usually ends up in the 9.0 to 9.5 range, sometimes a bit higher.
Also find it useful to add some additional short names we use to the
 allowed names list.

Biggest issue I have with pyLint is that it complains when function
parameters are indented twice vs. once. pyFlakes likes the twice.
Example:
def function_name(
        parm_1,
        long_parm_name,
        ….
        end_of_long_list_of params)
    parm_1 = long_parm_name

—Ray

--
Raymond Cote, President
voice: +1.603.924.6079 email: rgacote at AppropriateSolutions.com skype: