Python is an Equal Opportunity Programming Language

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat May 7 11:38:16 EDT 2016

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 1:16 AM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:

> Obviously this system is a conspiracy to benefit citizens of Andorra
> (population 85 thousand), Marshall Islands (pop. 70 thousand),
> Liechtenstein (pop. 37 thousand), Nauru (pop. 9 thousand) and the Vatican
> City (pop. 842).

The Vatican City is always standing by to mess with your statistics.
Never mind about its pop. density - it has the highest pope density in
the world, peaking at roughly 2 per square kilometer.

The way I'd read the 7% maximum is a requirement on immigration to
accept people from a variety of origin countries - at least fifteen
unique countries per year, assuming the maximum number of green cards
is issued. But immigration laws are a pretty terrible mess the world
over, from what I've seen, and I wish countries could drop the whole
"but we have to protect ourselves from foreigners" thing. At some
point, those "foreigners" become "citizens", and just as worthy of
your protection as those who were born here - why fight them off for a
while before you welcome them?

ChrisA