Slight problems with python in Windows

Peter Toye python at ptoye.com
Fri May 6 07:22:01 EDT 2016

I'm trying to install Python under Windows 7 so that I can use git-review and have found a few niggling issues.

1) Apparently (according to the git-review pages) pip has a problem with directories with spaces in their names. Python's default installation directory is under Program Files. I agree that this is a pip issue rather than a Python one, but maybe a warning message would help?

2) According to the Programs and Files section of the Windows Control Panel, installing Python also installs something called the Python Launcher. When I try to remove this (so I can reinstall Python in a better directory) is comes up with an error message:

Error opening installation log file.  Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable.

After reinstalling I now have 2 copies of the launcher.... I hope it doesn't give me any problems.

3) After uninstalling Python the installation directory is still there with a few files in it (possibly connected with the previous issue). Can I just delete it?

Regards,

Peter
mailto:python at ptoye.com
www.ptoye.com