No SQLite newsgroup, so I'll ask here about SQLite, python and MS Access

DFS nospam at dfs.com
Wed May 4 18:46:46 EDT 2016

Both of the following python commands successfully create a SQLite3
datafile which crashes Access 2003 immediately upon trying to open it
(via an ODBC linked table).

import sqlite3
conn = sqlite3.connect("dfile.db")

import pyodbc
conn = pyodbc.connect('Driver={SQLite3 ODBC Driver};Database=dfile.db')

The file is created, a table is added, I add rows to the table in code,
etc., and it can be read by 'DB Browser for SQLite' so it's a valid
SQLite3 database, but Access won't read it.  I can create and store a
link to the table - using that ODBC driver - but as soon as I try to
open it: "Microsoft Access has stopped working"

On the other hand, a SQLite3 file created in VBScript, using the same
ODBC driver, /is/ readable with Access 2003:

Set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conn.Open "Driver={SQLite3 ODBC Driver};Database=dfile.db;"

python 2.7.11, pyodbc 3.0.6, ODBC driver, and Access 2003: all 32-bit
OS is Win8.1Pro 64-bit.

I can't find anything on the web.

Any ideas?

Thanks