Suggestion: make sequence and map interfaces more similar

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 09:14:24 EDT 2016

On 31/03/2016 13:49, Marco Sulla via Python-list wrote:

> On 31 March 2016 at 14:30, Mark Lawrence via Python-list
> <python-list at python.org> wrote:
>> Note that dict also supports
>> __getitem__() and __len__(), but is considered a mapping rather than a
>> sequence because the lookups use arbitrary immutable keys rather than
>> integers.
>
> Thank you for confirming for what I already wrote and quoted, but I suppose you
> missed some of my previous messages, my dear friend.

Thanks for misquoting me by deliberately snipping the bit about taking
this completely useless discussion offline.  Please do not "dear friend"
me as I don't take kindly to people who go out of their way to waste
time and effort on this list.  This just isn't going to happen, so
please drop it, or do you not realise when you're fighting a losing
battle, and it's time to retreat?

There are of course other options, you could join in the effort to
produce Python 2.8 or RickedPython.  I'm sure that they'd welcome some
additional help and your patch for your absolutely awesome suggestion.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence